From time to time, we will post recipes for you that we feel are hypoallergenic and decreases inflammation.
Balance your Omega 3 fatty acids with salmon and flax and reduce inflammation with turmeric.
For the dressing:
¾ cups salted roasted cashews
Soak cashews in enough water to cover and refrigerate over night (8 hrs)
Drain the nuts, place in a blender or food processor and add the next 7 ingredients:
- 5 ½ tsp water
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 ½ tsp honey
- ½ t salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 medium heads of broccoli (crowns)
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 apple chopped fine
- 1 scallion
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 slices cooked turkey bacon chopped (optional)
Pour dressing on top and gently mix.
- (3) 6 oz cans wild caught salmon
- 2 large omega 3 enriched pasture raised eggs
- ½ cup almond meal (flour)
- 1 cup minced onion
- 3 minced celery stalks
- ½ tsp powdered garlic
Combine all ingredients then scoop ¼ cup measurements of salmon mix and form into patties. Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in a skillet. Cook approximately 3-4 min each side until crispy golden.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
Combine all in a bowl and form into teaspoon sized balls and freeze on cookie sheet until set.
- 3/4 cup fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small cabbage, shredded (6 – 7 cups packed)
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 2 large apples, sliced into matchsticks (about 3 cups) ( use crisp apples or asian pear)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds or 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a mixing bowl whisk together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, honey and apple cider vinegar until smooth, while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl toss together cabbage, carrots, apples, green onions, almonds and cranberries. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately for best results.
Spinach Cilantro Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground meat (beef, pork, chicken, turkey, bison)
- ½ of a medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cups (packed) baby spinach, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 eggs, whipped
- Preheat oven to 400’F and line with parchment paper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until fully combine. I use my hands here.
- Roll into small balls and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until meatballs are browned and cooked all the way through.
Roasted Sweet Potato/ Quinoa
- large sweet potato, peel and diced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup red quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
- Pinch of salt, garlic powder, and chili powder
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- Cilantro for garnishing
Roasted Sweet Potato:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees then line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Toss the diced sweet potato in the olive oil and spices and lay it out in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the sweet potato for 12-15 minutes or until it is fork tender.
- Rinse and drain the red quinoa then put it in a medium sized sauce pan with the water and 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Bring the quinoa to a boil, then cover it with a lid and lower the heat to medium low.
- Cook the quinoa for about 15 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and season the quinoa with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, lime juice, and cilantro.
Avocado Lime Drizzle
- 1 whole avocado
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Peel and dice the avocado.
- Place everything in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator in a sealed jar. Makes 1 ½ cups
- 2 cups shredded coconut + extra
- ½ cup almonds
- 2-3 tbsp honey or rice malt syrup (to taste)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Place all ingredients into the food processor and blend for 1 minute.
- Roll into small balls around the size of a 10c piece.
- Roll in extra coconut.
- Place on a lined tray and chill in the fridge until firm.
Makes approx 15 balls.